alternative hardware

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 12:57:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

> I have read about this device many months ago, but as far as I know, it
> is still vaporware.  As such, it ceases to exist until somebody can show
> me it exist in the real world.

It seems to exist :

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0SAhCiCPPA4/S0UoNk0bkFI/AAAAAAAABuc/Lz3B0U9a8To/s400/FemtoJack.jpg
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/01/09/hands-on-with-the-magicjack-femtocell/

Just not available to buy ... latest news in August said that they had problem :
 - Either the power was too low and the range made it basically
useless and/or poor quality
 - Either the power was too high and then their "legal argument" of
low power/your house only didn't quite hold anymore ...

> Adding OpenBSC support for an existing inexpensive device would of course
> be an exciting task.

And if someone has time, implementing an openbts/openbsc bridge would
be cool as well :)

PS: I think steve|m had found a higher res photo were the chip were readable ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain