Reply:- Need help on Open BSC code.

tejas oza ozmank8 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:26:57 UTC 2010

Hi Holger,

            We are going to build MSC using 'Erlang' which will communicate
with OpenBSC 'C' code. Since we will be dealing with SMS services only, so
during MO operation our MSC should get messages from OpenBSC and for MT
operation we should pass the messages to OpenBSC. As we will follow SS7
protocol for communication of MSC to HLR and MSC to SMSC and we will be
dealing with SCCP.

We are concerned about Open BSC and MSC communication for SMS service and we
need to know from OpenBSC code that what particular messages are used for
SMS transfer.

So can you please advice us to get started.

--
Thanks & Regards

Tejas  Oza