nanoBTS Calibration

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Nov 16 18:42:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 08:58:51PM +0000, Stuart Baggs wrote:

> Hi guys, how do we calibrate the internal ocilator of the nanoBTS?

Please refer to the nanoBTS product documentation, if you have access to it.

> I have a 139 unit which has synced up fine and has a olid green light but the
> network no longer appears on the handsets selection menu (the handset is dual
> band and the BTS is on an AFRCN within the handsets range). It was working
> before but the unit has been powered down for several months and I remember
> someone from ip.access advising that the internal oscillator needs to be
> re-calibrated to fix this issue.

The ip.access BTS Installer can do the frequency calibration.  I suppose you
have access to that software if you've done business with ip.access before.

We have not implemented this as part of ipaccess-config, as far as I know.  It
is not very hard to add, the required OML messages are quite simple.