AW: AW: linking problems

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon May 31 07:46:42 UTC 2010

On 05/31/2010 03:39 PM, Andreas.Eversberg wrote:
>> Yes, you have said that in the previous mail. I wonder _why_ you need
>> set it and if our documentation is not accurate. Have you really set
>> PKG_CONFIG? Does it mean that you do not have pkg-config available in
>> your PATH?
>
> my pkg-config is under /usr/lib/pkgconfig (gentoo). but libosmocore and
> others are installed under /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.

This sounds wrong. What does 'which pkg-config' return?

PKG_CONFIG is used by autoconf to indicate which pkg-config binary to use.

PKG_CONFIG_PATH is used by the $PKG_CONFIG to search for *.pc files in
the listed directories.

Did you really set PKG_CONFIG, and is the pkg-config binary not in your
PATH?

thanks