BS-11 TRX0 software load errors

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu May 27 13:28:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have two BS-11 here, which both show the same strange problem:

PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: No Load     Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: Load BTSCAC MBCCU1: No Load     Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: Load BTSCAC MBCCU1: Load BTSCAC Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: Load BTSCAC Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: Load BTSCAC Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: Load BTSDRX Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: Load BTSBBX Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: Load BTSARC Abis-link: Down
PHASE: 2 Load MBCCU           MBCCU0: No Load     MBCCU1: Load        Abis-link: Down

I.e. MBCCU0 aborts the software load process during BTSCAC phase, while MBCCU1
continues like usual.

Has anybody else seen this yet?  I've already re-installed the firmware without
any success.  If they are really broken, has anyone yet tried to switch some of the internal components?  A BTS that only has TRX0 is still useful.. but
one without TRX0 but TRX1 is pretty useless :/