OpenGGSN / Re: GPRS SGSN status update

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon May 3 09:58:24 UTC 2010

Hi!

As it has been pointed out to me in private by one of the lists subscribers,
there is an OpenGGSN project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ggsn/),
implementing the actual GGSN part of a GPRS network, as well as libgtp,
a library implementing GTP for both the GGSN and SGSN parts.

The projects seems more or less abandoned during recent years, but the
source code still builds (after autoreconf -i) and seems to be pretty
complete.

This is really good news, as those parts are complimentary to what I've been
working on.

So as opposed to build a "SGSN+GGSN combo", I will probably now restrict
myself to building a true SGSN, talking GTP to OpenGGSN instead.

This way we keep all options open.

I've contacted the OpenGGSN author in private mail, let's see if and what
he responds.  At some point we might have to go as far as to "adopt" the
project...