Working GSM1800 config for latest OpenBSC

Stephen Mortimer mortzy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 16:46:09 UTC 2010

I have a ip.access nanoBTS (version 165AU9012)v(37) and have been using it
with a very early version of OpenBSC (OpenBSC 0.01) and am now trying to
upgrade to the latest version downloaded from GIT (OpenBSC version
0.9.0.565-993d).

When I use the configuration that works on the old version, with this latest
version, I get the following error:

user at ubuntu:~/openbsc/src$ ./bsc_hack
<0005> bsc_init.c:1024
WARNING: You are running an 'accept-all' network on a BTS that is not
barred.  This configuration is likely to interfere with production GSM
networks and should only be used in a RF shielded environment such as a
faraday cage!

<0005> bsc_init.c:1024
WARNING: You are running an 'accept-all' network on a BTS that is not
barred.  This configuration is likely to interfere with production GSM
networks and should only be used in a RF shielded environment such as a
faraday cage!

DB: Database initialized.
DB: Database prepared.
<000d> input/ipaccess.c:632 accept()ed new OML link from 192.168.2.3
<000d> input/ipaccess.c:477 no matching signalling link for hh->proto=0xff
<000d> input/ipaccess.c:477 no matching signalling link for hh->proto=0xff
<000d> input/ipaccess.c:477 no matching signalling link for hh->proto=0xff

Can anyone explain why I get this error and maybe send me a config that
would work?