Measuring signal

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Jun 23 10:13:44 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 06:01 PM, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Am Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:50:19 +0800
> schrieb Holger Hans Peter Freyther <holger at freyther.de>:
>
>>> Unfortunately it does not work...
>>> If I just give "logging filter imsi XXX" OpenBSC logs nothing.
>>> I have to give "logging filter all 1", too, and then both
>>> measurements will be sent.
>
>> Well,
>> look at src/debug.c and figure out why the imsi comparison is failing?
>
> I'm looking now this code. But I can't understand the reason...
> I can only suppose, that in this Measurement Report the IMSI will not
> be sent.

if ((tar->filter_map & (1 << FLT_IMSI)) != 0 && subscr &&
strcmp(subscr->imsi, tar->filter_data[FLT_IMSI]) == 0)
                return 1;

the above does not evaluate to true... this can be:

a) because the filter function is not called at all..
b) tar->filter_map & .. is == 0
c) subscr is NULL
d) the imsi's do not match..

Okay, after wanting to explain how the filtering is working, I
remembered that I did this: 69e8f8285bf080ad2050fbc20f861bc8621e5c75
(git show that-number). You could git revert that-number and then try again.

So in the case of the measurement report the subscr is not set as
context as the measurement debug is still in the abis_rsl context before
it is hitting the BSC side...