Correctness / Sequencing / Asynchronous-ness

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Jun 22 09:43:05 UTC 2010

On 06/22/2010 09:27 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 12:08 AM, Harald Welte wrote:
>
>> What needs to be done is to actually send the RSL CHAN ACT, save the state,
>> wait for the CHAN ACT ACK, then transmit the IMMEDIATE ASSIGN.
>
> I am going to do this for the assignment and immediate assignment
> commands.. today/now.

I have implemented that, for the handover case and in the On-Waves
branch for early assignment, we already waited for the signal ack.

My understanding of GSM 08.58 so far is that it is taken for granted
that the BTS will always have a ACK/NACK for requests. With this in mind
I have not added an extra timer waiting for the CHANnel ACTivate
ACK/NACK. I am also storing the RACH req information inside the lchan
(as a pointer) and use the pointerz inside the CHAN ACT ACK handling to
decide if an immediate assignment should be send.

This appears to work for the two handsets I have tested it with, I took
the liberty to push the change.