BTS initialization / OML / sequencing

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:24:53 UTC 2010

> I once did some investigation on them, but at that time decided that
> they wouldn't really be useful for the kind of problems we're facing
> in both OpenBSC and OsmocomBB.  However, I don't recall the exact
> reason, so let me review this again...

Protothreads is just an example because I didn't recall the other
names, but as Holger pointed out, it's the whole tasklet / coroutines
stuff that might be worth considering.

One area where I could see them useful if we can make them
'transparent' enough would be the HLR were all the hlr calls could
still appear as blocking in the gsm48 state machine even tough they
wouldn't really be.

    Sylvain