show subscriber cache and sms send pending

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jun 21 16:11:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:01:46PM +0300, jason mercury wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I couldn't use sms send pending and show subscriber cache commands of Telnet
> interface. Could anybody explain the functions and usage of these commands?

'show subscriber cache' will show you the 'gsm_subscriber' structures/records
which the BSC currently holds in memory.  The strategy here is:  All the
subscribers are stored permanently in the sqlite3 database.  When we need
a subscriber record, we copy it into RAM until we no longer need it (and drop
it from RAM).

So if you have an idle system, 'show subscriber cache' should be empty.

'sms send pending' will simply check for all pending sms in the database
and deliver all pending messages to those subscribers who are currently
online