Request for help on the BSC API

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Jun 17 08:56:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

I landed the first big change, the gsm48_rcvmsg is now inside the
bsc_api.c. And on first msg the BSC API will call the compl_l3 (COMPLETE
LAYER3) callback. This method will always be called for any new
connection and is the perfect place to enable encryption..

I would be very happy if someone could take the task and change the
osmo_msc.c and gsm_04_08.c to first make use of the ACCEPT/REJECT policy
and then enable the auth/security on this new connection and then
dispatch the original message (but CM Service Reject).

Another task would be to move the Cipher Mode code into the BSC API, the
gsm_04_08.c code should not directly change the attributes in the lchan
and should not send the cipher mode RR message.

The next thing to kill is the unconditional usage of &lchan->conn as I
will start allocating the conn dynamically... (one conn can have
multiple lchan's for handover and early assignment).

I will now work on refcounting and moving the transaction into the
subscriber connection...(some other work before) so I will probably not
make it before sunday as I will be out of town.

regards
	holger