UMTS support??

Dragos Vingarzan dragos.vingarzan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:51:41 UTC 2010

was also looking on the Iub specs today and my head hurts :(.

For femtos the default interface would be Iuh, which from what I
understand is the Home Node B adapted version of the NodeB Iub. Then
you'd need a sort of Access Controller in the form of an Home Node B
Gateway as the next hop, but otherwise it seems to be less of packaging
hassle, or?

http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-3gpp-standards-25b.html#ts-25444 - data
transport in 10 pages, CS with RTP multiplexed in UDP/IP, PS with
GTP-U/UDP/IP
http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-3gpp-standards-25b.html#ts-25468 - RANAP
User Adaptation - SCTP/IP
http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-3gpp-standards-25b.html#ts-25469 - Home
Node B Application Part - SCTP/IP

I was wondering if you looked at this too...

I know that Iub would be the real deal and fortunately this femto has it
too. Also probably the advantages are offset but what you loose by
requiring one more box, the Home Node B Gw.

Cheers,
-Dragos

--
Best Regards,