OpenBTS OML sequencing / startup problems

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Fri Jun 4 11:33:11 UTC 2010

On 06/04/2010 12:32 AM, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi zecke,

> So one of the ideas would be to make the abis_nm.c layer queue up messages
> during abis_nm_sendmsg() and determine based on the messagetype if it is
> a message that we're expecting an ACK/NACK as response.  If yes, delay
> transmission of further enqueued OML messages until such ACK/NACK is
> received.  Of course, there probably should also be a timer whose expiration
> should generate at least a log file entry (and after which we continue with
> the next message from the queue)

Hi,

interesting thought... I think the request/response tracking is a good
idea and fairly easy to implement with only one pending message and we
will certainly need it... and in one way it feels natural to use it in
the abis_nm layer as well in another way it feels weird to have
submitted two messages of the same kind and the bsc_init should not do it.

I can put it on my list, I was a bit busy with private stuff and will
probably have a computer-less weekend but I can commit to do it early
next week.