Unable to configure a BTS

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Jul 25 18:02:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:53:52AM +0200, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Am Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:49:23 +0200
> schrieb Sylvain Munaut <246tnt at gmail.com>:
>
> > See
> > http://lists.gnumonks.org/pipermail/openbsc/2009-August/000804.html
> >
> > The dongle can be emulated with a carefully placed conductive pin
> > (screwdriver, needed, probe, whatever you have laying around :)
>
> Unfortunately I don't have a dongle and I don't have the possibility to
> make one...

Luca, it is not the responsibility of this community mailing list to
fix your problems at work.  If NETZING has not bought a reset dongle and
has no ability to manufacture one (which I seriously doubt, I have seen
the NETZING electronics lab before) - then you will simply have to tell
NETZING that this device will have to be bought or manufactured.

If you are on a short deadline than I am sorry to hear this, but you will
have to solve the problem somehow, and it is not the responsibility of
the people on this list to do so.

Also, please spend more time analyzing problems and investigating possible
resolutions.  Your follow-up mails regarding a USB connector are showing
that you have neither studied the ip.access documentation (that NETZING has),
nor our wiki in detail before contacting the list.

Please use this list after you have exhausted all other resources.

Regards,
	Harald.