Unable to configure a BTS

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 08:02:57 UTC 2010

First of all, how did you configure?
You wrote:

192.168.1.108 ipaccess-config (C) 2009-2010 by Harald Welte and others
This is FREE SOFTWARE with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Trying to connect to ip.access BTS ...
Lost some E1 TEI link
Lost some E1 TEI link
Segmentation fault

I think it's best to split it in two steps:
./ipaccess-config -u 151/0/0 bts-ip
./ipaccess-config -o bsc-ip bts-ip

You need also to power off than power on and than try it again.

My BTS kind of got lock as TRX (as a slave of master BTS) and can't send BCCH anymore.
This problem occured since I tried to modify the bts-id, that's the middle number of the id.

I recommend you not to do the same, otherwise your bts won't work properly.