GPRS / OsmoSGSN status update

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Jul 2 21:16:15 UTC 2010

Good news, everyone [tm]

GPRS is by now in a fairly useful state.  I've spent the better part of the
last 3 days to fix all the remaining known bugs.  It is working fine from
a variety of phones including a G1 (MSM7200) , K800i (unkown baseband), TYTN2
(also Qualcomm MSM but with windows mobile), E680 (Neptune LTE), ...

The following parts are still missing:
* Integration with the HLR, so every phone is accepted on GPRS
* IP Header compression (ROHC)
* Data compression (v.42bis)
* Authentication (depends on HLR integration)
* GEA3 Encryption (though most of the infrastructure is there)
* Ability to route APNs to different GGSNs

So everyone who has access to a nanoBTS: Try it now.  The build/config
instructions haven't changed from what I described last time when I wrote
a GPRS status update to this list.

Happy hacking,