[BUG REPORT]: Unable to send SMS

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Wed Jul 14 11:08:57 UTC 2010

Hello Holger,

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:56:27 +0800, "Holger Hans Peter Freyther" <holger at freyther.de> wrote:

> do you remember which kind of channel the phone is requesting? is it
> really asking for a channel for calls?

Yes, the phone always sets the mask according to this (from the spec):

  111xxxxx
  Originating call and TCH/F is needed, or originating call
  and the network does not set NECI bit to 1, or
  procedures that can be completed with a SDCCH and the
  network does not set NECI bit to 1

This was the same for other phones, not just MTK based phones. NECI was
set to 0, however I think that setting NECI to 1 might be the solution
for the problem, without the need to change the Very Early Assignment
procedure. I have not yet tested this in detail, so I might miss
something.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de