[BUG REPORT]: Unable to send SMS

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Tue Jul 13 23:09:18 UTC 2010

Hello Harald,

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:06:55 +0200, "Harald Welte" <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> The Netzing NE110 (as well as other MTK phones) seem to have a bug in
> their MO-SMS code.  Dieter has told me he is looking at a workaround to this
> (by sending dummy authentication request/response), and he will e-mail this
> list once he has some results.

This was a tough one. I tried Authentication and Ciphering commands in
various combinations without any success. Finally I changed the allocated
channel to SDCCH instead of TCH. And voila, it worked, even without
Authentication and/or Ciphering.

So it seems that there is a problem with MTK phones (and maybe others)
and MO-SMS on a TCH channel. I am not sure yet if there is a workaround
to solve this and still use the TCH.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de