Branches update & things to consider for merging

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jan 7 09:38:47 UTC 2010

Hi Sylvain,

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 11:22:25AM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

> > I'll have to test the software activation related changes with my nanoBTS's
> > and with the BS-11.  I expect to do this later today.

this still hasn't happened, I suppose I'll get around doing it today.

> What about the rrlp branch ? They are only changes to rrlp-ephemeris and the
> .gitignore patch is especially useful to ignore the output of asn1c (without
> that git detects thousands of new files if you have built it :)

I have merged it right now.  Feel free to commit directly to the master branch
as long as you only touch rrlp-ephemeris code.  After all, it's your code!

I just didn't want direct commit's to openbsc in the master branch.  Thanks.

> > As for the ebab9a9e (Differentiate paging success), I think this code
> > needs to update 04_11.c and silent_call.c as well, i.e. all locations
> > where PAGING_SUCCEEDED is is currently used.
> >

> Mmm, I don't understand what you mean here.

It was my misunderstanding, sorry.  I've applied it now.

> > I disagree with removing the 'id' primary key for AuthTuples and AuthKeys.
> >
> > Without that id we have it very hard to remove a single authtuple from the
> > database manually, since we would have to provide the subscriber_id and
> > some BLOB to select only a single entry.  This is why I did not merge this
> > particular commit.
>
> ?
> In both table, you have :
>
>   subscriber_id NUMERIC UNIQUE NOT NULL,
>
> since there is a UNIQUE, there can't be two entries for the same subscriber
> and so you can just delete by specifying the subscriber_id.

That's wrong then.  subscriber_id should be unique for AuthInfo, but not for
AuthTuples.  We can (and should!) have multiple auth tuples for a subscriber
and also think of a way how we can cycle through them (or randomly select one
of them each time we need one)

Also, if subscriber_id is UNIQUE in AuthInfo, then we can remove the id there,
like you proposed.