Build dependency / libosmocore

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Feb 20 22:28:37 UTC 2010

Hi!

JFYI: Zecke and myself have been playing around with the first steps towards a
layer2 of the mobile station side.

In order to reduce code duplicaiton, we have moved a lot of header files
and some code such as msgb.c, signal.c, bitvec.c and others into the library
"libosmocore" (LIBrary Open Source MObile [communications] CORE).

This library resides at git://git.osmocore.org/libosmocore.git

You will have to download, compile and install the library before you can
compile/install openbsc.  This is done with the usual 'autoreconf -i &&
./configure && make' steps.

Sorry for the minor inconvenience, but we really didn't want to have code
duplication between our projects.