Reseting Unit-ID on nanoBTS

Bjarni S. Sigurðsson bjarnisi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:18:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a nanoBTS from ipaccess. I used ipaccess-config to set the
Unit-ID of the nanoBTS and also the Primary OML IP address. Everything
worked OK and OpenBSC and the nanoBTS where communicating.

My problem now is that I want to connect the nanoBTS back to my
original BSC (from Zynetix). By using ipaccess-config I set the OML IP
address back to what it was originally but the unit does not connect
to the original BSC.

I have two other nanoBTS's and their Unit-ID is 65535/255/255 before
they 'sign up' to the BSC, where they get another Unit-ID. I've tried
using ipaccess-config to set the Unit-ID to that value but get an
error: "Failure to set attribute. This seems fatal"

Does anyone know how I can reset the Unit-ID to 65535/255/255 ?

Best regards,
Bjarni S. Sigurdsson