Problem in the communication with a real MSC

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Dec 16 15:38:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 01:15:12PM +0100, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> I'm trying to connect OpenBSC with a real MSC.
> Unfortunately I have many problems.

this is to be expected.  OpenBSC (osmo-bsc) has only been tested with
one particular version of one particular MSC vendor so far.  The only
version that we ever had access to.

So I think getting it to work with a new/different type of MSC will
most likely need some kind of adoption.  Maybe not as much work as adding
support for a new BTS vendor/model, but definitely some work.

Also, from our experience with that one MSC: Zecke had to work around quite
a number of bugs in the MSC.  Whether the same bugs or workarounds work with
your MSC is of course unknown.

> Any idea?

No, I think you will have to debug this yourself by looking at the A interface
prtoocol traces in wireshark.