3G (NodeB / femtocell) roadmap

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:33:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Are six months that i'm searching on ebay femtocells... but i can find only Vodafone's.

Just did a quick search and I could find one of each model:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-/200554104589?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2eb1f4c70d
http://cgi.ebay.com/AT-T-3G-Microcell-ATT-Femtocell-mini-cellular-tower-/230562766177?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item35ae9c9d61
http://annonces.ebay.fr/viewad/SFR-Home-3G-une-couverture-3G-optimale-a-domicil-/5018154940

Vodafones are prevalent that's true, but the others are no way as hard
to find as nanoBTS's.

> Have you other online shops to suggest?! Especially for SFR and Ubiquisys?!

Very often it's only the operators (or reseller for the operator) that
sell the femtocell (since they're 'customized' for a particular
network/operator).

Vodafone seems a little more "lax" in selling them (not checking if
you have a subscription or not) so that's why they're easility found
on ebay. AT&T are also found on the US ebay or craigslist without much
difficulty.

The SFR ones can be bought from SFR if you have a subscription.
They're a little less found on auction sites (I guess less people
re-sell them ?) but it's possible (
http://annonces.ebay.fr/viewad/SFR-Home-3G-une-couverture-3G-optimale-a-domicil-/5018154940
)

But each time you have to search for whatever name the operator has
for it (like "Home 3G" for SFR, or "Sure Signal" for Vodafone, ...)

Cheers,

    Sylvain