3G (NodeB / femtocell) roadmap

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:24:13 UTC 2010

>  Sure I read the mail, but these are three models, I don't have the money to
> afford three femtocells. I'm glad to have just one to play with.

Maybe you can read the _rest_ of those paragraphs :

c) "... add the RANAP interface to it. At this point we should more or
less be able to directly ..."
d) "Adding support for ip.access/Cisco/AT&T will need an implementation of
  their URSL protocol"
e) "Adding support for the Ubiquisys/SFR femtocell would require us to implement
  the UMA protocol stack."

Seems pretty clear that the ones mentionned in point c) will work
first since it can use RANAP _directly_ while the two others will need
RANAP <-> URSL  or  RANAP <-> UMA  translators.

> Or you can
> give me some of yours...

Sure, our time working on the project and answering your question
isn't enough for you ? you want our money and equipment as well now
???

    Sylvain