Compiling OpenBSC to use an extern MSC

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Dec 9 13:01:02 UTC 2010

Hi Luca,

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 08:50:23AM +0100, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> > you should be able to answer this yourself. You can type git branch
>
> If I could, I don't ask... :D

well, we seem to expect general familiarity in working with git... most
Free Software developers are used to it by now.

> No package 'libosmo-sccp' found
>
> Could someone say me, where can I found this library?

All osmocom projects (except openbsc, for historical reasons) are available
from http://git.osmocom.org/

> > Besides that OpenBSC master should come with a working BSC that can
> > be hooked to a MSC. What are you going to try with this?
>
> As I said, I have a real MSC and I'd like to have OpenBSC just running
> as BSC and speaking with this MSC.
> Is it not, what this branch does?

This is what osmo-bsc does, whether or not you use the bsc-master or the master
branch.