socket problem again

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 16:07:27 UTC 2010

> Here i want to restate my problem. I want to run two different bts with
> different network parameters on the same PC, at the same time. I can not
> achieve this with one bsc_hack because bsc has a unique mnc. I can not run
> two bsc_hack at the same time because they try to use the same port. I think
> that there might be two approaches to solve this:

We understand you problem and there is no "ready" solution, you have
to code it yourself.

> 1) Modifying the code such that i can specify different mnc for each bts
> with one executable program. Maybe, two different gsm network can be defined
> as network1 and network2 (similar to bts0,bts1,...). So i can give different
> network parameters for different networks and run them with one program.

That's an option. See nv_put_prim_oml in ipaccess-config.c

> 2) Changing the communication port of nanoBTS and OpenBSC such that i can
> run two bsc_hack at the same. I think that it should be changed on both
> nanoBTS and source code.

After a quick check it seems the nanoBTS indeed supports that.

> Could any one help me (at least give some hints) about how i can implement
> one of these approaches. Or, You could propose some other approaches.

We already gave you hint, no just look at the source and fix it (or
hire someone to do it for you)

Cheers,

    Sylvain