bs11 power setting

Sergey V. Efimoff risky at mail.ru
Wed Dec 1 18:06:47 UTC 2010

Hello Thomas,

I did not synchronize my sources for a while, so I don't know if the
current bs11_config version supports this feature.

Anyway, you can surf into the source of bs11_config utility, it is
quite simple. You only need to find the place where commands are processed
(for example, handle_state_resp() function) and add a command
which will set the desired power.

My quick-and-dirty solution for this task looks like this (in your case,
you need to set 30mW power):

abis_nm_bs11_set_trx_power(g_bts->c0, BS11_TRX_POWER_GSM_30mW);

To change TX power, you need to switch your BTS to maintenance mode, then
run your command with this hack, then restart the BTS. Voila!

Best Regards,
Sergey.