Avoid LCR-Stalling

Konrad Meier meierk at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 13 13:12:19 UTC 2010

Am 12.08.2010 19:56, schrieb Felix Rublack:
> Am 12.08.2010 17:34, schrieb Konrad Meier:
>> Today I did some time measurements in the db.c (Debug log attached).
>>
>> I think the problem is that that the insert-query of the counter values
>> are blocking the program.
> This is a "feature" of SQLite. After each INSERT, that is not part of an
> transaction, the database is writen to disk using fsync(). This leads to
> a huge performance penalty. Disabling this behaviour using PRAGMA
> synchronous = OFF at startup is IHMO fairly easy way to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Setting "PRAGMA synchronous = 0" solved the problem. But in case of a
power failure the database may be corrupt. At the moment this is a
acceptable risk for me since i am only running a test network at the
university with no guaranteed service.

A different solution would be to to use BEGIN and COMMIT for a
transaction like inserting the counter values.

Regard
  Konrad