Several questions

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Aug 9 16:48:53 UTC 2010

On 08/09/2010 11:07 PM, jason mercury wrote:
> I have some questions:
>
> 1) When I start bsc_hack bsc_init.c first establishes OML link and initializes
> the bts then it establishes RSL link and bts starts broadcasting. However, it
> takes so much time to start the bts. Instead of this I want to do the
> following: it establishes OML link at the beginning and only once, then when i
> want to start broadcasting  it establishes just the RSL link and bts will
> start faster since i don't have to wait for OML link. What should be done for
> this?

Well, if you just want to enable the RF you can search for rf_lock inside the
network section. It will bring down the RF. If you want to have faster
development roundtrips you want to look at the bsc_proxy. It will be inbetween
the BTS and the bsc_hack. There is one issue to be fixed though.. on the
second BTS bringup OpenBSC still thinks the bts is down and you can not
allocate any channel...

> 2) If i send one or two word messages from telnet interface it is okay. But if
> i send a longer message the phone could't receive the end of the message
> correctly(last words may be incomplete). Did any one encounter with this
> problem? What is wrong with me?

Sorry, I am not so much into speculation. Please record a tcpdump, maybe
wireshark is even complaining about the message...

> 4) Can i add SMS externally to SMS table of database?

Yeah, the "blob" part in the row is meant to be a pre-encoded SMS, I don't
know if sending is enabled but as usual patches are welcome.

z.