Wanted: Osmocom logo

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Mon Aug 2 23:08:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 02.08.2010 14:36, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

>   A nice typo with just 'osmocom' and a free space to put the suffix
> ('bb' 'sgsn' ...) either in another typo or just using the bold face
> and then just some _discrete_ graphical element added to the typo ...
>
>   But IMHO certainly not some complex graphical only element.

Ack, that's what I'd suggest as well, something clean and simple.

So here's my RFC:
I've taken the wireless symbol Kevin posted, and added a lettering.

The font used is "Yanone Kaffeesatz" [1], which is licensed under the
Open Font License.

I attached osmocom_inkscape.svg, for which you need to have the font
installed, and can then play around and edit the text, and a
"object-to-path" converted osmocom_paths.svg, which is just a plain
vector graphic.

If anyone has an idea how to decently make the difference between
osmocomBB and BSC more clear, or even has a completely different idea,
let us hear/see them :)

Regards,
Steve

[1] http://www.yanone.de/typedesign/kaffeesatz/