FYI: Difference between on-waves/bsc-master

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Apr 26 08:26:07 UTC 2010

Hi all,

this is just a small head ups on the current differences between the
on-waves/bsc-master branch and HEAD.

New apps:
1.) bsc_msc_ip is the OpenBSC BSC that is speaking the A interface
2.) bsc_nat is a NAT/Multiplexer for BSCs and MGCP. One reason for it is
easy nat penetration.

I will look into git filter branch to merge the NAT into master as there
is nothing that is preventing it, for the bsc_msc_ip I need to continue
some merging.

Changes:
*) RF Failure handling. When a RF Channel fails, I switch it over to a
failure state, then ignore all SAPIs releases... and then set it back to
operational state.

*) RF bring down in SAPI order. So at first I will bring down SAPI=3,
then send SACH deactivate, then SAPI=0, then send the RF Channel
release. This is done as the nanoBTS likes to send a SAPI release
indication after the RF Channel Release ACK.

*) channel release reason, when closing a lchan one can set the release
reason. This is used on early assignment when closing down the old
signalling channel.

*) and of course the much talked about removal of ref counts from the lchan.