NanoBTS Problem

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Sat Apr 10 11:26:45 UTC 2010

On Saturday 10 April 2010 13:02:17 Stuart Baggs wrote:
> I would like to know how to downgrade my openbsc to get this BTS online
> (just for testing). I tried to use the git commands from Holger, but no
> luck so far.
>
> $ git bisect start -- openbsc/
> $ git bisect bad HEAD
> $ git bisect good 0.9.0
>
> $ cd openbsc/; make (and if I have link errors or such I would downgrade
> libosmocore too... I would downgrade by checking out the releases).
>
> Is there anyway I can get this BTS setup and working in the short term?

Well,
I'm a bit confused. You mentioned that 0.9.0 is not working and now you
mention you don't know how to checkout a given version of git? The original
message I wrote had two parts:

	1.) Consult a git tutorial of your choice
	2.) If you want to debug this, use git bisect (you copied this bit).

Let us assume you want to reset your current branch to an older version you
can use the git reset (man git-reset) utility.

$ git reset --hard TAG|HASH

TAG can be a tag, e.g. 0.9.0
HASH can be a sha1 hash of a git commit..

but the above is no replacement for consulting a git tutorial, and of course
if you got back to an older release you might need to install an older version
of libosmocore as well.