junghanns.net singleE1 MiniPCI support

Jens David jens.david at jens-david-consulting.com
Mon Sep 28 19:06:59 UTC 2009

I thought that once, too.
Theoretically it is, but in practice you find all sorts of buggy
bridges in between system bus and cardbus slot in certain notebook
models.
Lots of experience and/or long logic analyzer sessions are needed to
design a bulletproof programming model, especially when descriptor
oriented busmaster-DMA schemes are used.
Possibly the CCD guys did not spend so much time because their card is
not a consumer product anyway.
I would suggest trying a different notebook if everything else fails.

   --j

--
Jens David, DG1KJD
jens.david at jens-david-consulting.com