new release of LCR (linux-call-router)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Sep 7 01:39:22 UTC 2009

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 05:21:19PM +0200, Andreas.Eversberg wrote:

> the major reason for a release is that OpenBSC main branch can be
> compiled with LCR, without any patch.

thanks again for your work on this lcr / OpenBSC integration.  Even if you
don't see much feedback or users here yet (at least Holger, Dieter any myself
are currently only workin with OpenBSC standalone as far as I know) it is
much appreciated.  We're just all working on our own most important TODO
items in the codebase...

As soon as I'm back to Germany next week, I'll send a formal application for a
GSM1800 test license at the 26C3 to the Germany regulatory authority.  If we
get this license, we're planning to deploy OpenBSC with lcr and interface this
with the DECT network of the POC.

I have recently obtained two more nanoBTS 1800, so assuming we can get Dieter +
Holgers nanoBTS 1800 and a license for it, we should be able to run 5 TRX total
capacity.

Of course this will mean that we need to develop the RTP-to-MNCC integration,
since nanoBTS voice channels arrive on RTP.  I am willing to look into this,
but I presume you also have a big interest in that (and maybe more time?).

Since I now own more nanoBTS, I could send you one for 1-2 months of
development of that code.  Are you interested in this?

Thanks in advance,