Status of wireshark patches

Harald Welte laforge at gpl-violations.org
Tue Oct 27 13:51:58 UTC 2009

Hi!

Holger has asked me to send an update on the status of the wireshark patches
that we have in git:

gsm_a_rr-rrlp.patch and abisip.patch are mainline wireshark, they can
be removed from our git tree.

abis_oml.patch:
* does not yet dissect all the different 12.21 IEs, especially not
  all of the standard IEs
* does not yet differentiate between BTS types.  We need a preference where
  we can select the BTS model in order to really pars all the messages, plus
  vendor dependent IE tables
* might possibly use non-standard C language syntax and thus not be portable
  to micrsofot compilers on windows.  not sure what the wireshark requirements
  are in that regard

rsli-ipaccess.patch:
* does not support all of the ip.access RSL extensions yet
* no major reason why it should nt be merged to wireshark
* additional ip.access RSL extensions can be sent as incremental patches

lucent-hmb.patch
* this is just a minimal stub, should be completed more before
  submitting anywhere

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at gpl-violations.org>       http://gpl-violations.org/