OpenBSC system_information branch

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Oct 26 19:23:21 UTC 2009

Hi!

Thanks for testing...

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 06:13:22PM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

> I've just run that branch and tested with :
>  * iPhone 2G
>  * HTC Magic
>  * Cheap nokia 1661
>
> And I didn't notice any weird behaviors. Each was able to register and
> place call/send sms without trouble ...
>
> > Feel free to start testing the system_information branch if you're interested.
> > I'd be happy to hear any "master works for my phone, but system_information
> > branch confuses my phone" kind of reports.
>
> Nope sorry, it works fine here ...

ok, this is good news.  Which particular git version did you test?  I've
activated the code to generate the rest octets now, which might make quite
some difference.

I've been testing only a merged gprs + system_information branch, which uses
the SI13 [rest octet] generation.  That part is definitely broken, I need
to research this.

If anyone has some spare time, writing a full System Information dissector for
wireshark would be a really cool thing to do.