OpenBTS / OpenBSC interaction

David Burgess dburgess at kestrelsp.com
Wed Oct 7 20:42:23 UTC 2009

Harald -

On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:53 PM, Harald Welte wrote:

>> Something I think could be useful, and would allow a lot of
>> interoperability, would be to have a common HLR/VLR replacement.
>> The Asterisk SIP registry doesn't meet our long-term requirements
>> and so we need to develop one anyway.  If we can agree on an
>> interface and an implementation, we could do something here.
>
> I think I would actually want to have a protocol-compatible HLR,
> i.e. using the
> standard interfaces that GSM/3GPP use for the HLR - which I doubt
> is something
> that you would want to see :)

I'm open minded at this point.  We eventually have to interface to
standard HLRs anyway and I need some project to force me to learn the
MAP stuff.  It would also be good if the underlying database can be
used to generate configurations for FreeSWITCH or Asterisk, but that
should not be hard given any SQL-based system.

-- David

David A. Burgess
Kestrel Signal Processing, Inc.