Running an licensed experimental GSM network at 26c3

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Oct 6 10:19:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 09:29:45AM +0200, Bjoern Heller wrote:

> I just want to ask, if there is a general interest in operating a
> licensed GSM-Network at the chaos congress. Is there anything planned for
> 26c3 (openBSC desk etc.)?

yes, we're planning to operate something like 3 bts with a total of 5 trx
in GSM 1800 and connection to the DECT phone network of eventphone.

This is why Andreas Eversberg is currently workin on the nanoBTS / RTP
integration with lcr.

> Maybe there is a good chance to get a temp. license for the 900 GSM
> band from BNetzA.

impossible for 900MHz. All frequencies are commercially licensed to
the GSM operators.

I've finally prepared the license application yesterday and will send it off
later today.  The CCC will be the applicant of that license.

Regards.