Low-cost engineer / net-monitor handsets

246tnt at gmail.com 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:17:30 UTC 2009

On Oct 3, 2009 9:02am, Jens David <jens.david at jens-david-consulting.com>
wrote:
> Good old Sony-Ericsson T610 has 3-pages persisting GSM network monitor
> mode and 1 page GPRS. Assigned TMSI is not part of it, unfortunately, but
> everything else.

Really ? Do you have a mean to activate it because I couldn't find one ...

They're not really 'low cost' but :

* iPhone Dial *3001#12345#* and you'll get to field test mode where you
view some info. TMSI is not part of it, but you can also ssh into the phone
and with AT commands interrogate the SIM and get TMSI, Kc, ...

* Android G2 : Dial *#*#7262626#*#* to get to field test mode then setup
button to select page. There is lot of info including TMSI and you can even
log to SD card. There is a minor glitch that makes the scroll bar hide part
of the values, so the last digit is only half displayed and you have to try
and guess it ...

Sylvain