Redudant channel assignement

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Nov 20 12:49:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:37:37PM +0000, 246tnt at gmail.com wrote:
> When making a call from my test phone (a T610 here), I see the BSC
> assigning more than one channel ...

yes, this is due to the fact that we do not check for the request reference.

when your MS transmits the first RACH burst, it selects a particular request
reference.  all retransmissions carry the same request reference.

So the BSC should be tracking for which request references it has already
activated a channel, and only assign a new channel if there is not yet
a channel for that request reference.

Since there is no straight-forward way of keeping track of this without
introducing some additional data structures, I simply skipped it when writing
that part of the code.

Of course it should be fixed at some point, and patches are appreciated.