patch: fix of paging result issue

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Nov 17 09:27:58 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 November 2009 18:52:31 Andreas.Eversberg wrote:

> <0200> paging.c:113 Going to send paging commands: imsi:
> '262XXXXXXXXXXX' tmsi: '0x3044ea7a'
> <0010> abis_rsl.c:1179 Activating ARFCN(121) TS(0) SS(0) lctype SDCCH
> chan_nr=0x20 r=PAGING ra=0x83
>
> can we figure out which subscriber did the channel request?

We can not on this level. This a tricky question. So the MS is asking for any
channel and we were conservative and gave it a SDCCH and then the chan modify
for the voice call will fail.

The options I'm seeing for this are:
	- Assign the SDCCH and don't do very early assignment... E.g. change
          the mncc code to do the assignment command for a tch...
	- Assign the TCH even if we don't need that much bandwidth...

I'm not sure if we want to support both very early and early assignment in the
code base or not... I'm just leaving this to harald to make the call.

z.