No access message.

246tnt at gmail.com 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:19:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

> If I run the latest version of openbsc and tried to register with my MS
> (Nokia 6310) to it, my phone finally says No Access.

Because the IMSI is probably not an authorized one.

> I see sending Channel Release several time in the debugging output. I
> also see increase/decrease usage several time. It has been a while not
> looking at the meaning of debug messages.

Yes, I've seen multiple RF release too. I think there is a bug somewhere
but didn't search yet.

> I just use the standard config file for nanobts and changed a few
> parameters like unit_id, band, mcc and mnc, that's all. I noticed that I
> can't add an accept parameter, like before. Also in the config file I
> can't find anything like that, am I missing something?

The equivalent config parameter is "auth policy". The defaut nano bts
config file uses "auth policy closed" so all unauthorized phones will be
rejected. You need t use "auth policy accept-all" if you want to authorized
everyone without any check.

Sylvain