GPRS branch status updates

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Nov 2 11:35:00 UTC 2009

Hello Sylvain,

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 01:05:20 +0100, "Sylvain Munaut" <246tnt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found out the problem.
>
> In gprs_bssgp_tx_dl_ud, then length encoded in the PDU TLV is
> incorect. It uses msg->len but at that point it already did a
> msgb_push to add space for the header so msg->len is already too big.
> You need to save the size of msg->len before the msgb_push and then
> use that when encoding the PDU TLV length.

Thanks for the info, I tried it here but it did not help for the
"GMM ATTACH REQUEST", the nanoBTS still reboots when it receives
the data of the "GPRS IDENTITY REQUEST" which is sent afterwards.
I finally found the reason for this behaviour (at least I hope
it is the reason), I had to specify the correct BVCI parameter
for the call to gprs_ns_sendmsg() in gprs_bssgp_tx_dl_ud(). If
I use "925" instead of "0" it works. The phone sends an "GMM
IDENITY RESPONSE" and continues to send "GMM ATTACH REQUEST"
because it does not yet receive an accept.

> BTW, do you sometimes hangout in #openbsc ?

No, usually not (its a bit difficult for me to do my work and
look at what is happing on IRC).

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de