GPRS branch status updates

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Nov 1 00:27:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 12:48:43AM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Ah, there is another hardcoded ip in nanobts_attr_nsvc0 in bsc_init.c
> You need to put the OpenBSC ip in there.

yes, you're right.  I completely forgot about that.

Patches for making those things non-hardcoded are greatly appreciated.

The NSVC0 attribute address should be replaced by the getsockname() of the UDP
socket.

The IP address that's hardcoded for sending the UDP packets should be the
address from which we are receiving the UDP packets.  For now, there's only
one.

In the future, we will likely have multiple BTS, all sending UDP packets to
port 23000 - in this case, we somehow need to keep track of those source IP
addresses and generate a per-source-IP data structure.  The best option
probably is to keep the IP address somewhere stored in the struct gsm_bts and
then match the BTS based on the source IP address for incoming packets, as well
as determine the destination IP address when sending packets based on
msg->trx->bts.