AW: patches for openbsc

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Wed May 20 08:36:15 UTC 2009

>At least at that point, applications using libbsc (in your context,
i.e. lcr
>like applications) don't need to know any details, agreed.

>The applications that I have in mind in fact need to know a lot more
about the
>details, on the other hand...

hi harald,

if libbsc is a toolbox not only for MSC applilcations, but applications
that e.g. trigger paging or send O&M messages, it makes sense to export
most internal functions and data structures. in this case it does not
make sense to create a header file "openbsc/openbsc.h" for all
applications. instead it makes sense to create a header file especially
for the application interface "openbsc/mncc.h". only MSC application and
MNCC interface require to include this header file. other applications
include other header files.

i would like to keep include files as is and add openbsc/mncc.h instead.
what do you think?

andreas