OpenBSC on Debian etch

Sat May 2 18:13:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have to get OpenBSC now running on Debian etch.
And have the following issue:

I loaded a new kernel from kernel.org and patched it, then
I included the mISDN and hfcmulti stuff with menuconfig into the
Kernel.
Compiled it and then booted it up.
Then made a echo "options hfcmulti dslot=1" > /etc/modprobe.d/hfcmulti
to load the hfcmulti module with dslot=1.

The two red e1 LEDs are going on during bootup and when I try to start
bsc_hack -f 123 they begin to flash.

Output is as follows:

DB: Database initialized.
DB: Database prepared.
1 device found
         id:             0
         Dprotocols:     00000018
         Bprotocols:     0000000e
         protocol:       0
         nrbchan:        30
         name:           hfc-e1.1
activate bchan
activate bchan

On another machine I got everything working with this output:

DB: Database initialized.
DB: Database prepared.
1 device found
         id:             0
         Dprotocols:     00000018
         Bprotocols:     0000006e
         protocol:       4
         nrbchan:        30
         name:           hfc-e1.1
activate bchan
bootstrapping OML

I noticed the different Bprotocols output, maybe there is the error?

Anyone?

Best regards
Björn Heller

Björn Heller