RequestForHelp on mISDNUser

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Mar 31 02:51:38 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

some month ago I added basic support to dump the LAPD frame we send and
receive. This code was disabled in Haralds restructuring of this layer in
order to add support for the IP Access nanoBTS.

The question is now should we repair or nuke this feature. Shortly after
having finished my implementation prom pointed me to the mISDNuser tool[1]. It
looks like this can write pcap files as well and that wireshark should be able
to handle them.

I would be happy if someone could try this tool and see what files are produced
and if we should continue this way or restore the "-p file" functionality.

thanks

	z.

PS: Maybe we just need to move the pcap Linux-LAPD header over to this tool...

[1]
http://git.misdn.org/?p=mISDNuser.git;a=blob;f=debugtool/mISDNdebugtool.c;h=fa80000429719236271b26077ff741b1ed418c72;hb=54928dec57bc846f2c2186f3640e69a053cd3641