abnormal channel release WAS: Re: patches again

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Jun 29 16:43:42 UTC 2009

On Sunday 28 June 2009 18:47:31 Andreas.Eversberg wrote:
> patch 40: in case of a channel breakdown, the signal handler for
> releasing lchan is called. the wrong pointer was used as lchan. (see
> last hunk) also we don't need to check use counter of lchan, if we
> receive an "cause 22 error". the lchan gets released anyway, if use
> counter becomes 0. (see first hunk). also i think we can force channel
> release when we receive an error indication. this can easily be tested:
> remove the battery during active call, then send a message to the mobile
> station (hang up on the remote). the message cannot be delivered, so the
> BTS send us an error indication, the channels and the call process gets
> released.

Okay. As stupid as it might sound please split that into three patches.

1.) Fixing my stupidity in gsm0408_handle_lchan_signal!!! sorry for making you
suffer from it and thanks for fixing it.

2.) static int rsl_rx_rll_err_ind(struct msgb *msg)

3.) Explain why

+//                     if (msg->lchan->use_count > 0) {

is a good change and should be applied?

thanks