measurement report

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jun 18 15:23:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 03:35:13PM +0200, Andreas.Eversberg wrote:
> hi,
>
> i like to check out the measturement report feature of GSM. the A-bis
> protocol shows measurement report indications, but i can't see any
> request to turn it on. on the BCCH it is turned on, as far as i can see
> in the bsc_hack.c. what do i miss? (neighbor cell frequencies?)

actual measurement reports are sent all the time, as we turn them on by BTS/TRX
configuration attributes.  I can observe them very clearly as soon as any
dedicated channel between MS and BTS is established.

We do not get any information about neighbor cells from the MS, since the BCCH
of our BTS does not send information about known neighbor cells.  Only if we
put some ARFCN's in there, the MS will actually scan for the CCCH of those and
report the corresponding measurement values.